cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip default network

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

If I include this statement on my eigrp config, would it just say to all other routers, anything you dont know about , route to the network specified in ip default network, is this a bit like a default route ?

thanks

4 Replies 4

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Carl,

This is very much like a default route. Once the traffic gets to that network a device in that network should know about everything or at least have a default route out of the network.

Patrick

so would this basically forward any unknown traffic to the network I have specified, so if it neighbour is say 172.19.1.1/16 and I use the ip default network 172.19.0.0 0.0.255.255 command, will it forward the traffic to that other router ?

That is correct, Carl.

It will be used as a default route for all traffic that does not explicitly match a route in the routing table.

Paresh

hi all, where would I put this statement, would I have to put it in each router , so that it forwards all all unknown traffic to that particular network ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: