Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Flows on a 3550 EMI switch

I have a 3550 EMI switch that I want to get statistics from using IP or Net flows. I see I can configure IP Flows on the switch. What do I use to record this data and graph it? I also have read that NetFlow is only supported on Cisco 4000 and up on switches. Does this mean the product NetFlow or does it mean IP flows in general?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: IP Flows on a 3550 EMI switch

Hi Robert,

Although netflow commands are available in the CLI, it is not a supported feature on this platform. There are a number of known problems that can be triggered by configuring netflow on this device, including unexpected reloads.

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts.

Actually I was gonna ask the same thing...

We have some 4500, and mainly stacks of 3750G in our remote sites...right now the only way to gather stats is by installing a 2621XM router, and enable netflow on it.

To me it's a waste of resource, and inefficient way of doing inter-VLAN routing (L3 switching vs router-on-stick).

Is there any way to use netflow on switches w/o having to rely on a router?

bump^

Anyone?

Cisco Employee

For the Cat4500 series, it depends on the type of Supervisor engine you have.

For Sup Engines IV and V you need a NetFlow Services Card, but for Supervisor Engine V-10GE this has been built into the hardware and no additional hardware is required.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_data_sheet09186a008033a3bd.html

I hope this helps.

Oscar

Thank you.

How about the 3750's? I guess they don't support it?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content