Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ip nat insiside / outside onthe SAME interface

Hello friends. I have a router 805 with 1 ethernet and 1 serial interface. I'm trying to use the ethernet like a wan connection because my ISP give me the access to Internet through an ethernet cable. I have 2 valids IP's, one is in the ISP and the other on my router. In the ethernet on my router I would like to put de public and private ip. With my private block I want to configure a Nat Pool ant try to access to Internet. Can i do this? Can I use the same interface ethernet like wan and lan conecction through Nat? Can i use a logical interface to simultae the "ip nat inside" or "ip nat outside" interface?

Please, your help. Than you very much for your attention.

Regards,

Charlie K.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: Ip nat insiside / outside onthe SAME interface

Hi

I dont think its possible/doable with the kinda setup you have.

You need to have 2 interfaces to get inside and outside nat commands configured.

As always you can make use of using a logical interface but still you need to give some kinda reachability to that logical interface.

which you can have only with one of ur interface configured & connected to the public world..

regds

Views
Helpful
Replies