Helpful
Replies

ip-prec setting and random-dedect

rabeder
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a c1760 router on which i use a route-map to set the ip-prec-bit for

incomming traffic on an ethernet-interface.

!

route-map set_ip_prec permit 10

match ip address voip

set ip precedence critical

!

route-map set_ip_prec permit 20

match ip address premium

set ip precedence flash-override

!

route-map set_ip_prec permit 30

match ip address gold

set ip precedence flash

!

now i want that the input-queue of this ethernet interface does random-dedect regarding the ip-prec bit.

that means if there are pakets arriving with ip-prec=0 (for example sql-slimer akets) that these pakets are droped before pakets with ip-prec=1 .

a.) so does this router mark the pakets with the ip-prec and does then the random-dedect or vize-versa

b.) is it possible to do random dedect on incomming pakets ???

c.) any idea how i can limit traffic from "unknown" pakets (which could be a attack) iin a way that my router does not go out of performance ????

thanks for any idea !!!

2 Replies 2

mmellet
Level 3
Level 3

Input classification is not supported for non-IP protocols. No input scheduling algorithm is supported on the input besides First In, First Out (FIFO).

For more details please refer the URL.

Quality of Service on Layer 3 Catalyst Switches/Modules Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps606/products_qanda_item09186a00800a8922.shtml

lauren
Level 1
Level 1

As far as C) goes you could try using the Modular QoS CLI and CBWFQ instead of the route-maps.

Define classes to match traffic and set the precedences, and then set a default traffic class for anything you havent defined and police/shape that.

CBWFQ works with CEF so the performance hit shouldnt be too much (in fact it may be faster than the route-map)

If you want to control A) you could match and set the prec on the input to the router, and then random-detect on the output (or vice versa should you wish)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: