Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP prefix list

Hello,

A Question on IP prefix list

Network mask assigned is /25.But when am configuring the command,i use the network mask as /24,say..

ip prefix-list list-name seq seq-num permit x.x.x.x/24 le 32

What would be the effect if i use /24 in the ip prefix-list command.

Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES

Re: IP prefix list

I don't know if this will help you but let's say the x.x.x.x was actually 1.1.1.0-

So, permit 1.1.1.0/24 le 32 would conote any prefix starting with 1.1.1 with a mask of /24 through /32 ( /24 being the lower boundary and "less than or equal to /32 covering everything else).

Bottom line, if you are trying to allow or capture 1.1.1.0 255.255.255.128 (/25), the "permit 1.1.1.0/24 le 32 would work.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your explanation.

As per the explanation given in the command line of the syntax,even /24 works for this particular case (ie) /24 being the lowest nad /32 the highest.

In my case the ISP has assigned me a network mask of /25,so even if i use /25 it should work (ie) 25 through 32.

if you can add anything more to this iit would be appreciated.

Thanks again....

I guess I would have to ask you what you are trying to accomplish with your prefix list. Am I correct in assuming that your ISP has allocated a /25 to you for LAN space ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content