Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Proxy arp doesn't work on CAT5500 RSM TRBRF VLAN I/Fs

Due to legacy IP addressing issues I have 2 DHCP scopes 172.18.1.n and 172.18.2.n. These desktops and of course the DHCP server believe they are on a Class B (/16) network. However, the network is really implementing many 172.18.N.n/24 networks. Previously 2500's and 4700's with secondary addreses to the '.2' network were able to satisfy the '.2' desktops connection request to other 172.18.N.n/24 networks. Through LAN tracing I know this was by IP Proxy ARP functionality. Since attempting to migrate the default router to a CAT5500 RSM with a TRBRF VALN I/F the '.2' desktops are orphaned from other /24 172.18.N networks. Although the proxy arp functionality is enabled ( default ) the arp by thge desktops are not responded to even though the RSM has routes to the requested networks. I have a case opened via my reseller but thought this mighte interest someone here.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Gold

Re: IP Proxy arp doesn't work on CAT5500 RSM TRBRF VLAN I/Fs

Are you certain proxy arp is enabled? The default recently changed from enable to disabled, I think.

Russ

Views
Helpful
Replies