cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Router ISIS vs CLNS Router ISIS

klooi
Level 1
Level 1

What is the difference between ip router isis and clns router isis? coz sometimes you enable both or either one the isis is still working..

3 Replies 3

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

ISIS uses CLNP to exchange routing information regardless of what protocol you are using to route (IP / CLNS /etc). Within the CLNP packets are things called TLV's (Tyle Length Values) which carry specific CLNS / IP /etc information. So ip router isis on your interface will enabled only IP TLV's within the CLNP LSPs that are sent. Clns router isis will enable CLNS TLV's. Using both will enable both types to be sent.

Hope this helps,

Don

oh ic i think i understand already...one more question..i have a router A that have multiple area and multiple nsap connected to router B. i want to use the command tarp map tid nsap...so how i should i configure this command in router A and B? Please advise...

i left out something also..when i use the command tarp map tid nsap it will overwrite the previous map nsap when i show tarp tid-cache..so how can i make it to see a few nsap from one tid when i use the command tarp resolve tid?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: