Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP routing issue

Currently I am trying to disable Ip routing to Myspace.com.

I put a static route

ip route 63.208.226.0 255.255.255.0 null0

hoping to drop any packetage trying to access the myspace web site. It work! but any other web site that have a network address with he first octex 63. will drop the package as well.

Currently I have 11 sites connecting to the core router using ptp T1 connection via EIGRP and all internet traffic is route through the PIX.

current ver 12.07 and is set asIP classess.

Any idea?

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IP routing issue

Ken

From your description of the symptoms it sounds like the mask on the static route to null 0 is not correct. Would you post the output of show ip route? (If the routing table is large then just post the output that relates to 63.anything or to null 0)

It might also be helpful to have the output of show run | include null

HTH

Rick

Re: IP routing issue

This is because you are routing the whole 63.208.226.0 network to the NULL interface. I know with some of these personals sites that they change IP fequently with each different request. If they dont then change the statement to a specific IP with the mask of 255.255.255.255. This will just route the single IP to the NULL interface. I know here that we set up domains for the sites (i.e. myspace.com) on our DNS server and then just point those domains to the local host IP of 127.0.0.1. This will get around the domain being assigned multiple different ip's. Hope this helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.