Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip routing

I have two 1721 routers with a 56k leased line connecting them. I have high-speed internet on one side if the leased line how would I route the far side of the leased line to use the internet. local router 192.168.1.1 , internet 192.168.1.2 and the remote router 192.168.2.1.

4 REPLIES

Re: ip routing

on the remote router u need to add a default route,

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0 (serial X is the interface which is connected to leased line). Set the default gateway of PCs on remote side to the ethernet ip address of remote router.

Also you will need to put NAT on the internet router (NAT to a public IP address)

I put the ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0 , but then try to ping the internet router from the remote and it doesn't respond. The router on the other end of the leased line (the one in the same subnet as the internet router) does respond?

the internet router needs to know how to get back to the network configured on the serial interface between the routers. Add a static route, or run a routing protocol.

I put a static route on the local router : ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.2.1 and can ping addresses out on the internet from the local router. The remote router will still not get a response from the local routers subnet or the internet?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content