Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP SLAs ICMP Jitter for DMVPN Spok to Spoke

Hi Folks ,

Summary

We are running DMVPN Hub and Spoke topology where spokes communicate to other spokes directly without going through the Hub router ( in data center) as tunnels between spokes are build dynamically utilizing Cisco DMVPN technology. 

I am looking to calculate end to end ICMP Jitter between our spokes sites using IP SLA.  I understand that I can use IP SLA ICMP Jitter operation to collect data  related to the network performance ( latency, round-trip time, jitter,  packet loss etc).

QUESTION - 

we want to gather network performance-related statistics from Spoke to Spoke, for example round trip time from one spoke to other spoke).

We don't want to run IP SLA between the Hub and Spoke routers as once tunnels are build, data traverses directly between spoke sites( via dynamic tunnel) hence its not worth to run IP SLA between Hub and spoke routers. We need to gather network performance-related statistics between the spoke to spoke with the minimum configuration.

We have two Hubs and around 100 spokes. Does it mean that I have to run IP SLA from each spoke to other spoke router. I don't think this is a good  solutions ?

Any idea how we can do that.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Salman

Views
Helpful
Replies