Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Traffic on a 7513 VIP interface

We have a situation where IP traffic destined for a specific interface experiences slowdowns and timeouts, but traffic passing through the same interface but for addresses outside the router or even other interfaces on the same router works fine.

Example: from outside the router, if I ping 10.1.1.1 (interf fa11/1/0.1)from the 10.1.1.0 network, I see a >50% failure rate. If I ping 10.1.2.1 (interf fa12/1/0.1) from the sam host on the 10.1.1.0 network, I get 100% success and good response times. If I ping the same two addresses from a host on the 10.1.2.0 network, everything is fine.

We have moved the cable to another interface on the router, different VIP card and module, and the problem stays. We have also swapped cables, interfaces on the other end, to no avail.

Also, the problem is for any IP traffic, telnet, traceroute, etc. This problem is limited to traffic coming in to this particular interface, destined for the IP address of the interface. Traffic coming across another interface to this interface address or through this interface to another address is unaffected.

Has anyone seen this situation before, or have any ideas?

1 REPLY

Re: IP Traffic on a 7513 VIP interface

Hello,

probaly you just have tried many more you described.

here some tips:

check the memory of the VIP's,

check with " sh controllers vip x tech-support" the showed sections of " sh proc mem" and "sh proc cpu" the utilization of this VIP,

turn on debugging on ACL, set up the extended ACL which can match different ports of the affected IP address

Maybe you have the possibility to use a sniffer to see what kind of traffic is stressing your interface.

Furthermore it might be helpful to turn CEF. I guess "no ip directed-broadcast" is configured.

Good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content