Views
Helpful
Replies

IPX routing Cisco 2621

matt-perry
Level 1
Level 1

Having problem getting IPX to route.

Get 'unrecognized command' when I enter config menu and type "ipx..." etc. Is my IOS not allowing this? I have version 12.0, do I need to install something else to route IPX over it?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

csyeo
Level 1
Level 1

You need at least desktop subset IOS inorder to run IPX routing on your router.Do a "sh ver" to check on your IOS.

vinodgupt
Level 1
Level 1

just check the ios verios. It should either IP/IPX or desktop and you can check the same by " show version" command

zaushnyr
Level 1
Level 1

If from global configuration you type "ipx routing " and you get that message, upgrade your IOS to IP/IPX, Desktop, or Enterprise feature set. The IP only feature set is usually what ships with routers.

nikki_carol
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco 2600 series is an award-winning family of modular multi service access routers, providing flexible LAN and WAN configurations, multiple security options, voice/data integration, and a range of high performance processors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco