Helpful
Replies

is it possible? channel-bundle between switch and router

ohalnet53
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mates :)

I'll appreciate your help on below configuration:

I got a multilayerswitch (3750) and a router (2800series).

PCs--------------> 3750 switch ===========> 2800 Router ------------------>WAN

one cable two cables

EIGRP is running on both devices (multilayer switch and router). I want a redundant link between the switch and the router.

Question:

Can I bundle two cables in anyway (for example performing ether-channel PAGP between the router and the switch? (switch's ports to the router will be L3 ports with different IPs?)

I know I can do it with layer 2 ports on two switches but can I bundle cables between router and switch?

thanks in for helping :)

3 Replies 3

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

yes you can create the the ether-channel between your switch and router but you have to checkit out your router will have the facility or not...

and your router is i think support the modular for that even though you can check it out on the following link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028d15f.html

reate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

vladrac-ccna
Level 5
Level 5

hello,

I think you are looking for something like:

Configuring EtherChannel and 802.1Q Trunking Between Catalyst L2 Fixed Configuration Switches and a Router (InterVLAN Routing)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a00800ef797.shtml

Hope this help,

if it does please rate this post.

if not let me know,

Vlad

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Friend,

If you want to configure the router ports as layer 2 ports and want to create an ether-channel, It will work for you. But when you are creating the switch ports are L3 switch ports, you have to create a L3 port channel between the switch and the router.

HTH, please rate if it does.

-amit singh