Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE AN ISDN BRI INTERFACE FROM AN ISDN PRI ????

I have got a remote site and Telco cannot provide an BRI line to that office,in the mean time I have got an PRI line at the center office and this PRI line is connected to my center office's router. My center office and the remote office have an IP connection over a Leased line. Th e Important criteria is I just want to give an ISDN BRI service to my remote office using the center office's channels. Is it posssible to carry the ISDN PRI's channels to remote office over IP?

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE AN ISDN BRI INTERFACE FROM AN ISDN

No, you will need the telco provide you an isdn line (PRI or BRI) for the remote office....having a PRI at the central office alone will not help.

central (PRI)------isdn cloud------BRI or PRI on Remote

Thanks, Mak.

Thanks for your reply,

So that I cannot use the router as an ISDN switch which we can get BRI interfaces from an ISDN PRI connected to the same router.

It is possible to get BRI from you PRI line. It all depends what the PRI is connected to. If its straight into you router then the answer is no. However, if you have a decent telephone switch you can get BRI off of the PRI line. An example is some of the Avaya system, where you have a BRI cassette in the system and all you have to do then is connect the cassette to your router using normal RJ-45 connectors. Don't know if this helps!?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content