Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is it possible with a single 1720?

BT Broadband Satellite; main Internet connection

ISDN; for backup Internet connection & download SMTP mail

The current connection is ISDN, but the bandwidth is not enough, ADSL is not available in the area.

The current service provider hosts the SMTP mail, BT will not host SMTP.

BT Broadband Satellite is now available & connection is presented as Ethernet RJ-45.

Only one modular slot is used in the router & the Ethernet port is connected to the switch. Is it possible to use a WIC-1ENET interface card to be the main gateway to the Internet? Would you know the best way to configure the interface?

BT state 99% up time, but can be affected by heavy rain, as it rains most of the time I do need the backup to be available in the same router.

2 REPLIES

Re: Is it possible with a single 1720?

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you, or there is no public information available at this time. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online http://www.cisco.com/go/solutions. You may also contact our product information line at 1-800-553-NETS or a Cisco Systems Engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. To locate your local Cisco representative, visit http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory.shtml

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Re: Is it possible with a single 1720?

If anyone is interested, I had a reply from a TAC case I set.

"This isdn backing an ethernet connection is still being worked on once development is complete then it will be implement".

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content