cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is public IP to NATed private IP site-to-site VPN possible?

sivakondalarao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer having two sites. At one site DSL is directly connected to firewall, it got fixed public IP.

Another site Internet is terminated on Broadband router, this public IP is used for internal clients and firewall.

Now I want to setup site-to-site VPN in between public IP firewall and private IP firewall. is it possible?

Any suggestion in advance is appreciated.

Regards

skrao

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

No, public IP to NATed private IP site-to-site VPN is not possible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

No, public IP to NATed private IP site-to-site VPN is not possible.

Hi Mate,

No, although I've not done tunneling betwwen firewalls, but I've done it between routers & routers to firewalls, but the idea is one in all, the VPNtunneling should be between devices IP's that reaching each other.

In your case, if u do public ip nated to private ip, even though the 2 private IP's assigned on the both firewalls won't be reachable.

I would suggest if u can do tunneling between the 2 public IP's by changing the public IP of the other lan interface of the firewall to be assigned on the wan instead, and let the users access the Internet with usual nat, then u will be able to do tunneling between the firewalls wan interfaces public IP's.

pls rate if it helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: