Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is SupIII a lemon or just spanning tree?

Purchased seven 4006 switches w/SupIII little over a year ago and have had to RMA maybe five of them. Upgraded to 12.1(19)EW1 like a good boy before contacting TAC for the last RMA a month ago and now spanning tree wont work. I'm getting million of input errors on the blocked spanningtree interfaces just before the network completely melts down. I am getting no spanningtree errors whatsoever that I can see. Not even a topology change. Physically breaking these loops seems to be the only way I can get the network to recover. TAC seems to be stumped. Anybody have an idea?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Is SupIII a lemon or just spanning tree?

What type of input errors are you seeing? Is it only on one device? Do you have UDLD Aggressive mode configured on your interswitch links?

Re: Is SupIII a lemon or just spanning tree?

This is ocurring on all my SupIII switches with spanning tree interfaces. I just enabled one of my spanning tree interfaces and logged over 750 million Symbol Errors and 255 Sequence Errors in just 30 seconds. These are input errors on the forwarding interface of the blocked trunk. UDLD Agressive Mode is not set so perhaps that could have saved my network from melting completely down. If I understand it correctly, it might have detected a unidirectional storm and automagically shutdown the port? I guess I should find out what this traffic is.

Views
Helpful
Replies