cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the 3550 right for this job

trippkcc
Level 1
Level 1

I talked to a Cisco Rep at Ingram Micro and was told that I needed the Cisco 3550. So I bought it but I can't seem to do what I would like. I need to create several access lists to restrict computers that are attached to the switch directly. I went to create my ip access lists but I could not enter any. I think I have the command line correct, but it would not allow me to create restrictions. Am I doing this correct or do I need some other hardware/software? Perhaps I have the command line reference incorrect or maybe I am inputting it in the incorrect location. Can someone help?

4 Replies 4

ahorrigan
Level 1
Level 1

Which model 3550 did you buy?

ACLs are only supported in the EMI image (Enhanced Multilayer Switch Image) and not in the SMI (Standard).

If it is the EMI, what are you typing and where?

How could I tell which version I have? I believe I only purchased the standard product.

What was the part number you ordered ? If it had SMI as part of it, that was the standard software. If you don't know, do a "show version" and post the results on here.

rbergma
Level 1
Level 1

conf t

access-list 100 deny ....................

not

ip access-list

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: