cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any way to replace a cisco Line card with another Model?

shakkeerb
Level 1
Level 1

We bought a Cisco line card WS-X4648-RJ45-E for Cisco 4507 R-E. Later on I found that this module is not working with the chassis becuase supervisor engine 4 we are using. Supervisor Engine 6 is required for WS-X4648-RJ45-E. Now I want to go for WS-X4548-RJ45. Is it possible to return the line card? Is there any possible way to exchange? I am responsible for the mistake. I dont know what to do.

Posted Image

By the way, I am from Saudi Arabia

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Now I want to go for WS-X4548-RJ45. Is it possible to return the line card?

You'll need to contact your authorized Cisco Reseller.

Thanks for advise. I contacted the reseller. they said it is considered as spare parts so not possible to exchange or replace with another model. Is it true?

Unfortunately, yes.  That is true.

However, did YOU specify the part number or did the reseller did?  Did they ask relevant questions as to the specific model of your chassis and/or your supervisor card or not?

I did chooe the part number not the reseller

I don't know what else to say.  I think you know what my answer is and there's nothing else you can do about it.

shakkeerb wrote:

Put it on eBay and make at least some of your money back before buying your replacement card.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: