Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is there at least an IOS equivalent of Set Port Level for the Cat 3550??

Cat 3550 - I am looking for the easiest way to give two individual ports priority access to the switching bus whenever data is present like you can with the SET PORT LEVEL for a Cat 2900. If possible, priority access to each other . All ports will be part of the same VLAN and Layer 3 mode will be off(switch port mode) I am trying to avoid using a QOS configuration if possible. I would like ANY traffic on the 2 designated ports to have priority over the other 46 ports.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Is there at least an IOS equivalent of Set Port Level for th

There is no simular command to set bus priority like with older switches. QOS is setup differently, but much more flexible, with the new modular CLI. WRED and other mechanisms will provide your priority to the bus arbiter and queues. Here is a link showing QOS options on the 3550's. Please review this and see if there is something that might provide your desired results. You might look at the exmaple "QoS Configuration for the Common Wiring Closet" portion.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f3e9.html

Hope this helps you,

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.