cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there such a thing as a WIC-1E or WIC-1DSU-E1?

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

I am working on a design for a customer, who is openeing a new sales office in Austria. I am used to using WIC-1DSU-T1 and WIC-1T's for T1 connectivity. What about for E1's?

Thanks,

Tim Medley

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

3 Replies 3

ejgonzalesiii
Level 1
Level 1

No there is no such thing as a wic-1dsu-e1 or a wic-1e. But you can use a wic-1t with an E1. An E1 is 1.984 Mbps while the wic-1t supports up to 2.048 Mbps. The wic-1t is just a serial interface which means you will need an external CSU/DSU to support the E1. If you have either a 2600 or 3600 series router you can use a vwic-1mft-t1 but you may be buying something that you don't need.

Regards,

Henry

Thanks for the information.

Could I use the wic-1-dsu-t1, with an e1? Or is the DSU an issue? I'd rather use the integrated dsu than an external one with a wic-1t.

I know about the wic-1-mft-t1 and wic-1-mft-e1, i bit overkill for what my needs are (not to mention the price difference.

Thanks,

Tim Medley CCNP+Voice

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Typically in Europe, the PTT provides a serial interface - many times an X.21 connection. If that is the case then just use the WIC-1T and get the X.21 to HD-60 male DTE cable.

If they are not providing a serial interface then they could provide a G.703 unstructured interface and you could use:

VWIC-1MFT-G703

Or for G.704 structured you would use NM-1CE1B or NM-1CE1U.

This of course depends on which platform you are going to use as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: