Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is this Cisco Future & its dreams !!!!!

Dear Experts & profisionals :

can anybody tell me please where can i get experience or training center for Rounting protocols " OSPF & BGP & IS-IS " is there any site give chance to practice ,, coz realy it is so difficult to find any help from people we work with them , they think we will take their places in work ,,,,i don't know realy what to do ,,i have A+ ,NETWORK+ MCSE even ORACLE ( all i practice by my self )but my first gool is Networking cos i find my self in this way & i have experience more than 4 years in medium corprate, it mean not more than EIGRP &RIP routing pro , but now i'm working in Huge company "Isp" & we have ATM Technology with new routing pro beyond my experience like OSPF,IS-IS,GBP , i'm certificate also ( CCNA & CCNP done in March) & i'm trying to continu with CCSP but how !!! & i still don't know how to use these protocols ,,,,i'm realy very very sad & i feel i'm running alone , is cisco like that ?!?! do i need to buy very expensive equipment to practice !!! if i have this money i can work in trading better from getting certificates with no place to practice or any sites ,even in our area it is poor in this technology & our isp is the new one in kuwait have ATM technology ? i need live lab or something like that ?

i need help from who have the answer please?

regards

2 REPLIES

Re: Is this Cisco Future & its dreams !!!!!

To learn the way these protocols work and how to configure them, I would highly recommend the 'Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 and 2' books by Jeff Doyle. These not only tell you how to configure the protocols, but give a good understanding as to how they work.

In order to practice the use of them, if you can get your hands on four or five routers, you should be able to do a lot. You don't have to have high-end kit either, these protocols will work on the low end routers as well. I've had many happy hours exploring OSPF, BGP and ISIS on a few 2500s.

Fat Kid have a few freely available labs that you can download from www.fatkid.com. Additionally, if you don't have access to your own kit, they have a rack that you can book and remotely access to practice on.

Finally, there are also some web based labs etc available through the Partner E-Learning Connection pages on CCO that are worth a look.

Re: Is this Cisco Future & its dreams !!!!!

You can try www.ipexpert.net they have a great virtual lab that you can rent by the hour.

Views
Helpful
Replies