Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Back up Solution for RF

Dear Friends,

We are trying to give a customer a backup solution for RF.His primary is RF.

Connectiivity is like this...

ISP Router WAN-->Customer router WAN--> Customer Router LAN--> RF Modem --> RF --> RF Modem -->Customer end firewall.

Now.. a new 803 router with 1E is on picture. This router will be connected to customer end LAN and all traffic towards ISP will be thru this router.As the modems used for RF is no IP based, we cannot give direct solution as if any modem goes down then dial isdn to the ISP end customer router.As this is an ethernet media we are very confused of how to give a back up solution.

One idea is to create tunnel between this 803 router at customer end and customer router's which is located at ISP (source and destination will be both routers ethernet IP). For any reason if any of the RF modems go down or for any reason RF goes down then ISDN should initiate and connect the other routers isdn number.Will this solution work..

Or any other solution available..Any one has faced such a problem...Kindly help me...

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: ISDN Back up Solution for RF

Hi,

one solution would be to implement a dynamic routing protocol between the customer router at the ISP and the 803 at the customer site, and implement dialer watch.

The dynamic routing protocol will enbale you to announce a (default) route from the customer/isp router to the 803. The dialer watch will then bring up the BRI interface as soon as the default route disappears from the routing table (i.e. when the router or the RF connection is down).

cfr. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/129/bri-backup-map-watch.html

Let me know if you need more help.

hth

Herbert

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.