Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI Connectivity

danish.saeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a WIC -1B-U and would like like to connect on my ISDN line using 2620 router. However in Pakistan the ISDN lines are S/T. Is there a possiblility to use U interface cards by bypassing the NT1 which is installed in our premises by the telephone operator. The NT1 box is from Siemens.

Any would will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

The WIC-1B-U has an integrated (builtin) NT1 which cannot be bypassed.

Thanks, Mak.

Thanks Mak, but i was not referring to the builtin NT1 in WIC-1B-U. Instead i was asking about the NT1 that is installed by the phone company. In pakistan normally we use S/T interfaces because the phone company installs a NT1 box. Now that I want to use WIC-1B-U, is there a possibilty to bypass the NT1 istalled by the phone company and use the builtin NT1 in WIC 1B-U.

I hope that I am able to describe the problem clearly.

Many thanx

You can plug the bri line directly in to the BRI-U interface port on a router bypassing the NT1 provided by telco.

ravinda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saeed,

I have a customer who has faced the same situation. And I'm trying to find a solution too. Kindly let me know if you were able to find a solution to your issue. Appreciate your response.

Thanks, Ravinda.

ravindam@sg.ibm.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: