Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN call seconds unavailable

nxg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Using a 2600 with 8 port BRI so individual users can dial in from various locations. We want the link to timeout after an idle or 1800 seconds. At a few sites, we have some links that do not drop, but others on the same router that do. Looking at show isdn history, the lines that will not drop have the comment 'unavail' under the column seconds left. All BRIs and dialers are configured the same way.

RT05# sh isdn hist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISDN CALL HISTORY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call History contains all active calls, and a maximum of 100 inactive calls.

Inactive call data will be retained for a maximum of 15 minutes.

Call Calling Called Remote Seconds Seconds Seconds Charges

Type Number Number Name Used Left Idle Units/Currency

In xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx YYY 13573 Unavail -

In xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx YYY 907 1984 15

Has anyone come across this before and found a reason/fix?

TIA

Steve.

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Steve: I noticed the same situation on a couple of 1760 routers on an ISDN BRI point-to-point link that I just configured. If I recall correctly, when I enabled "ppp multilink" the "Unavail" would appear under the "Seconds Left" column when I performed a "sh isdn active" command.

If I have time--and the courage to disable ppp multilink on an active link--I will double-check if that is what was occurring.

I too was curious about the Unavail entry, but never had the time to look into it.