Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISDN connection without ISDN Port.

Hi,

1. i m having isdn TA that i want to configure to automatically dial on power on and keep attempt to dial the stored no. unless communication get established.

2. TA have to dial some stored no. but after handshaking between modem i want username and password needs to be send for authentication . how can i do that?

ISDN TA is linked with my router 2501

For leased line i m able to do but do not know how to do for dialup ISDN?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ISDN connection without ISDN Port.

Need to configure the interface on which the isdn TA is connected with 2501 for username and password to be sent.

Mostly you have bri interface on 2501 on which you have connected the TA. You need to configure those interface for authentication. Here is the link which discuss that indetail,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_c/fnsprt3/dcdbri.htm

Hi,

This link does not talk about a situation where u do not have bri port and u have attached a external isdn TA.

This link talks about where u have in inbuilt bri port like 2503 router.

the command is modem inout or something just refer it from the cisco site

that will enable the serial int coming from your TA to dial remember there is not much u can do here to debug so copy the config as it is from the cisco site

cisco 2501 has 2 wan port supporting sync , so i belive it can not dial using external iSDN TA

interface Serial0

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

no ip directed-broadcast

encapsulation ppp

no ip mroute-cache

dialer in-band

dialer string xxxxxxxxx

dialer-group 1

pulse-time 1

ppp authentication chap

and ISDN TA must be in V.25Bis mode