cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN drop line 2

epaauwe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 766 Cisco router and also Netgear RT328. I have the idle timeout configured to 300 seconds on both lines on both routers. Regardless of which router I am using, line 2 continuously drops. As long as I have traffic the line stays up but once the traffic stops, line 2 drops and immediately comes back up. I think it would be a safe bet to say that both routers are configured correctly as they are both dropping line 2. I have talked to Ameritech (line) and my ISP and they don't think the problem is with them. Does anyone have any information to offer as to what I could do to correct the problem?

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Once traffic stops, when line is up, does the line 2 come back to down state, before the 300 seconds ??

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

When all traffic stops, line 2, after about 10 seconds, drops and immediately reconnects. This occurs between every 10 and 20 seconds. I think this is maybe flapping? I know the idle timeout of 300 seconds doesn't apply to line 2. Line 1 is working properly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco