Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Incompatibility

Hello all,

my problem is as follows:

when I connect using a US 3 Com modem to a NAS router using IOS 12.1(15) I can connect either at 64k or 128k & work fine. My testing includes using m/soft outlook & sending a few e-mail. My pc is using Win’95 OS.

However, another colleague using a Micro Com Port Plus modem works fine dialling in at 128k & is able to perform all my tests successfully. Once he terminates & tries connecting at 64k his m/soft outlook session hangs. The only difference is that he is using a Win 2000 Professional & another make of ISDN modem.

Could someone assist by pointing out whether this is a modem problem or a Win 2000 problem. The very same 2000 pc is successfully able to connect to the NAS router using the analogue lines & is able to use the mail client without any problems. I’ve been told that the correct drivers have been loaded for this modem.

Your help is much appreciated …

Regards

Lincoln

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ISDN Incompatibility

Can you swap the modems? I.e. try his modem on your pc and/or your modem on his pc?

regards,

Herbert

Re: ISDN Incompatibility

Hi Herbert,

that was going to be the next test - just one problem was that he is 100km away. In the meantime, yesterday I tested using a win'2000 proffessional pc & my tests were successful. This leaves us with just different modems for now.

Regards

Lincoln

Views
Helpful
Replies