Helpful
Replies

ISDN Incompatibility

lincolnp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

my problem is as follows:

when I connect using a US 3 Com modem to a NAS router using IOS 12.1(15) I can connect either at 64k or 128k & work fine. My testing includes using m/soft outlook & sending a few e-mail. My pc is using Win’95 OS.

However, another colleague using a Micro Com Port Plus modem works fine dialling in at 128k & is able to perform all my tests successfully. Once he terminates & tries connecting at 64k his m/soft outlook session hangs. The only difference is that he is using a Win 2000 Professional & another make of ISDN modem.

Could someone assist by pointing out whether this is a modem problem or a Win 2000 problem. The very same 2000 pc is successfully able to connect to the NAS router using the analogue lines & is able to use the mail client without any problems. I’ve been told that the correct drivers have been loaded for this modem.

Your help is much appreciated …

Regards

Lincoln

2 Replies 2

hbaerten
Level 4
Level 4

Can you swap the modems? I.e. try his modem on your pc and/or your modem on his pc?

regards,

Herbert

Hi Herbert,

that was going to be the next test - just one problem was that he is 100km away. In the meantime, yesterday I tested using a win'2000 proffessional pc & my tests were successful. This leaves us with just different modems for now.

Regards

Lincoln