Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Interface to SERIAL Interface conversion.

I have a Cisco 1760router. And it only has 1 ethernet, 1 isdn wan interface. Does anyone know any convertor or anything that I could convert the isdn interface to a serial interface. Or any way that I can connect a modem into the Isdn interface to dial out.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: ISDN Interface to SERIAL Interface conversion.

You should be able to sell your 1760 or maybe your distributor will allow a trade-in towards another model. There are no adapters available that I’m aware of. You might consider a modular router (i.e. 2600 series) next time so you can just swap out interface cards as your needs change.

Re: ISDN Interface to SERIAL Interface conversion.

According to the Datasheet from Cisco you can add 1 more WAN Interface card into the empty WIC slot available. I would suggest getting an additional serial WAN interface card. There are 2 to choose from. THe WIC-1T and WIC-2T. One with 1 serial port, the other with 2 serial ports.

So far I don't think there are converters available to convert from ISDN to serial. The technology does not allow it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ron

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content