Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn leased line & serial interface

sunil-jain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Is it possible to connect and configure isdn bri leased line on serial interface. The router is cisco 2600 with wic-2t? Do I have to have isdn bri card in cisco 2600?

Thanks,

Suneel jain

6 Replies 6

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

You cannot connect an ISDN line directly to a serial interface but it can be used to connect to an ISDN terminal adapter which terminates the ISDN line but is is far more common to use a BRI interface in the router.

Thanks Rona, I am convinced that I need to buy isdn wic card. But due to curiosity I have another question.

Using TA can I still use this line as ISDN leased line?

Regards,

Suneel jain

Suneel,

Using an ISDN port I am sure you can get this working. But saying that I have a problem at the moment. Using the isdn leased-line BRI 0 128, I get an error message. I have done a search on the CCO web site for the error and it says after a reboot 64K line works properly. I was of the opinion that both channels are used (128K)

Isaac

Have you ever tried the "dialer load-threshold"-command ??

Sorry, wrong section !!

iadegoke
Level 1
Level 1

Suneel,

It is not possible to connect a BRI to a serial interface (Different Interfaces). You definitely need a BRI card. I got this working with a Cisco 800 funny enough as I never could get it working with a 2600 even with an IOS 12.2(8) and above.

Regards

Isaac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: