Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn leased line & serial interface

sunil-jain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Is it possible to connect and configure isdn bri leased line on serial interface. The router is cisco 2600 with wic-2t? Do I have to have isdn bri card in cisco 2600?

Thanks,

Suneel jain

6 Replies 6

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

You cannot connect an ISDN line directly to a serial interface but it can be used to connect to an ISDN terminal adapter which terminates the ISDN line but is is far more common to use a BRI interface in the router.

Thanks Rona, I am convinced that I need to buy isdn wic card. But due to curiosity I have another question.

Using TA can I still use this line as ISDN leased line?

Regards,

Suneel jain

Suneel,

Using an ISDN port I am sure you can get this working. But saying that I have a problem at the moment. Using the isdn leased-line BRI 0 128, I get an error message. I have done a search on the CCO web site for the error and it says after a reboot 64K line works properly. I was of the opinion that both channels are used (128K)

Isaac

Have you ever tried the "dialer load-threshold"-command ??

Sorry, wrong section !!

iadegoke
Level 1
Level 1

Suneel,

It is not possible to connect a BRI to a serial interface (Different Interfaces). You definitely need a BRI card. I got this working with a Cisco 800 funny enough as I never could get it working with a 2600 even with an IOS 12.2(8) and above.

Regards

Isaac