Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN line in Australia

mario.laniel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got an ISDN line in australia, when I do a show isdn status this is what I get:

#sho isdn stat

Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

ISDN BRI0/0 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

Layer 2 Status:

TEI = 99, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = TEI_ASSIGNED

I_Queue_Len 0, UI_Queue_Len 0

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x3

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 127

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

I'm using this link as a backup for a wan link using dialer watch. When the primary goea down dialer watch tries to call but I get the messages no free b-channels on Di0. If I initiate the call manually it works fine.

Is there something particular to australia, because from the show isdn status output it tells me that the line is down, layer 1 is deactivated.

Mario Laniel

4 Replies 4

mljohnson
Level 4
Level 4

Layer1 Deactivated is unusual, unless you are using "isdn tei first-call", in which case this would be normal. You may want to check out "debug dialer", "debug isdn q921", and "debug isdn q931" to confirm if layer2 is getting established (you can compare the debug against a manual dial to see what is different). Make sure you have recent code to avoid any known dialer/ISDN bugs.

mario.laniel
Level 1
Level 1

Even if I wanted to check debug, I can't, it's not even trying to dial since it can not find any free B-channels when using dialer watch. When initiated manually everything is fine but after it disconnect the whole ISDN line goes down the same way it does when you clear the interface.

#sho isdn stat

Global ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

ISDN BRI0/0 interface

dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = basic-net3

Layer 1 Status:

DEACTIVATED

Layer 2 Status:

Layer 2 NOT Activated

Layer 3 Status:

0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)

Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0

The Free Channel Mask: 0x3

Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 138

Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

Regards,

Mario

This is standard for Euro-standard ISDN. This means that there are no Layer 2 messages between the switch and the TA to conserver resources on the Telco switch. As soon as you clear an interface or make call etc, all layers will come up. You have another problem in your config, which you have not shown here.

regards,

Brian

fyadegeye
Level 1
Level 1

Have you managed to resolve this as I am having the same problem with ISDN in Ireland

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: