Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI 3640

russell.turner
Level 1
Level 1

--moderator edit --

I have a 3640 router and 17 remote site on a 2520 router. Each branch has a

frame-relay connection. I now want to setup a backup connection using ISDN bri at the remote site. I need help on setting up the ISDN PRI on a 3640 router. I have already setup the interface. I need a sample config or some guidance on how to make all work.

Thanks if you can provide some additional guidance.

6 Replies 6

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First you need to decide which backup scheme will be the best for your network..Here is the link which will help you for that.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/123/backup-main.html

After that above link has a sample configs for all the schemes (all the way down on that doc) that you can refer to..

russell.turner
Level 1
Level 1

I have read through Evaluating Backup Interfaces, Floating,Static Routes, and Dialer Watch for DDR Backup. I would like find out how to test the Pri on 3640 to make sure it works. I do have spare equipment and and a working ISDN line that I can simulate the branch connection. The choice that suite my network scheme is dialer watch for ddr.

We use ISDN as backup for Frame-Relay. That is we created on the central side dialer interfaces (each location ist own dialer interface with its own ip-address and dialer-string) and floating static routes, on the remote side only one dialer interface with ist dialer string to the central side and of course a floating static route to the central side. So when the Frame-Relay-link goes down ISDN will be used as backup. In this case the ISDN-link can be opened from the central side as well as from the remote side, depending which side sents its first interesting ip-packet.

Works fine, no problem !!

Edwin van Wijk

abahl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir

I have 2 cisco 1750 routers on which i have terminated 2 diff bri lines , i have 1 pri line terminated on 2610 router, i want to dial into pri from both of my bri lines at the same time but want to set up same over frame relay, . Can you pl help me in configuring this, I have configured my 1750 for simple dialing out and on pri i have cretaed a dialer interface with two ip addresses. I tried to configure pri router with dialer rotary group command and with dialer pool member comamnd too. bnut in both the case i am able to use 1 channel of pri at a time. if one my bri is already connected then i call never get connected from 2nd bri to pri. Though technically i should be able to use all 30 channels of pri but i am able to use one at a time. How can i resolve this issue.

thanx in advance

You really should post this as a new question; it has nothing to do with helping the original poster with thier issue.

For the DDR issues, have a look here for some guidance.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/793/access_dial/5300.html

try the following config

int controller 1

encap ppp

framing no crc

clock line

no shut