Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN PRI reserving one B channel for remote management

s.debenito
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

How can I reserve one of the 30 B-channels in a ISND PRI interface group to configure it with other parameters for remote access?

I mean, can I use the command "pri-group timeslots 1-30" , configure those 29 channels, and then use the command "pri-group timeslots 31" and configure the last B channel with different parameters?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

Not sure what you mean by other parameters for remote access....can you please explain in detail the setup you are looking for.

Thanks, Mak.

Hi Mak, thanks for your answer.

Well, my customer has 3 sites, Site A, B and C.

Site A is connected to Site B using a ISDN PRI connection. Site C has only a ISDN BRI connection with Site A.

My customer wants that one user on site C be able to connect to one of the B-channels on the ISDN PRI of Site A, for remote management purposes.

So, I need to configure CHAP on one B-channel apart of the ISDN PRI for that user being able to access remotely to the router trough the ISDN PRI on Site A.

But I only can configure "pri-group timeslots 1-31", so all the 30 channels are being used and no B channel is free for remote management.

How can I configure a Username and password (CHAP) in ONLY ONE channel of the PRI-GROUP interface?

Thanks.

You definitely need dialer profiles configured on site A , with one dialer interface for site B and one for site A. Then you can utilize the min-link / max-link feature accordingly.

~Zulfi

Hi , and thanks for your answer :)

Well, so lets suppose that I configure a max-link of 29.

How can I configure CHAP on the channel #30 ? where is the #30 channel?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: