Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN problem

I am implementing a basic rate ISDN back-up. The problem I have is that one of the legacy routers we are replacing has a basic rate feed into a mux which then takes it out through a primary rate access.

The switch type is primary-net5 (for UK) which can be configured on the old router (an Ericsson). However I can't specify this switch type on the 3620 I am implementing as the interface only allows me to specify basic rate switch types.

Is there a workaround or do they have to bite the bullet and get a new basic rate ISDN line? I think the latter but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Thanks.

Steve.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: ISDN problem

If the provider is giving you a Basic rate through a PRI (using the combi. of mux and old router), then I think you are left with the option of ordering another ISDN line. Cant you request the same service provider for a change in line provisioning ? What WIC for ISDN are you using on the 3620 ?

Re: ISDN problem

We are using a WIC-1B-S/T for the basic rate. I figured that I would have to recommend a new basic rate line but thought Iwould throw this one out to see if there was a workaround. Gotta try these things.

The Primary rate is carrying other traffic and the basic rate is a back-up for a new WAN rollout but utilising a legacy ISDN installation. So the best solution will be a seperate line I think.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.