cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN TESTING PROCEDURE

jpelletier
Level 1
Level 1

If you have isdn backup of frame relay for testing the backup the cisco information tells tou to shut done the remote serial port and then ping(interesting traffic) to initiate the isdn backup. The question is how can you telnet into the remote to no shutdown the serial if the backup fails? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

I think by "remote" they meant at the remote site, where you will be sitting, dialing out towards the central site. If you tried this from the central site, and you shut the remote interface, how would you initiate the ping from the remote router?

Unless you were dialing from the central site to the remote. In which case I would just shut the local (central) serial interface. Bottom line - no need to shut anything down on the other side of the link. Do it where you will be pinging from.

I need to do this from a central location, and through a dialer pool ie interface dialer xx, so I shut that one down and ing the remote? Well that would make sense I'll soon fing out. Thanks to everyone who responds to these questions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: