Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN troubles

I have ISDN configured on a 1600 with a dialer-group configured to call a 3640 with a 4 port ISDN blade if my frame-relay network goes down. This is the same configuration (with the exception of network address) I um using successfully in other offices. When I try to ping from the ISDN blade in the 1600 to the ISDN blade in the 3640, the pings time out.

Running debug ISDN events, I can see the 1600 dial up and the 3640 connect but the pings will not come back. I have a default route to the frame for each router and a static route to the remote network via the ISDN ip address with an AD of 200 on both routers. On routers that are functioning correctly, I can ping one ISDN blade from the other router and get my replies back - I cannot in this instance. When I compare configs with routers the DO work, they are exactly the same (with the exception of the ip addresses).

Help is greatly appreciated!!

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY

Re: ISDN troubles

are u using ip unnumbered on these isdn bri interface, then u wont be able to ping properly.

shanky

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.