Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISDN Upgrade from 64k to 128K

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and also new to CISCO prdoucts. Just got new job as an entry level in Networking.

My question is how would i upgrade ISDN line from 64k to 128k and what kind things i should keep in mind when doing this upgarde.

Any LINKS would be a great assest.

Thank you All.

4 REPLIES

Re: ISDN Upgrade from 64k to 128K

Nothing much..

You will have to configure the new dial string your ISP has given you. Remove the earlier one. Also you can do :

config-if# dialer load-threshold 100

So that U can use both 64K B Channels once your traffic crosses 100/255 %

This might help:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_c/dcbri.htm

Another thing to keep in mind (depends on where you are geographically and who your telco is) is that you may have to add/change SPIDs. Your telco should (hopefully) give you this info when you expand the line though.

On top of the "load threshold ..." statements, you'll have to make sure that your encapsulation is set to run PPP and also don't forget to issue the command "ppp multi-link" in your config else your "dual" 128K ISDN will not be seen as one single virtual link.

Recommend you run no fair queue on BRI and dialer interface if you are running virtual interface config

When using PPP multilink - do a software bug search and check recommendations for router type and IOS

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content