cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Can anyone tell me what dialler in-band means on dialler interface ? also if is it possible to create a one way up, and with this I gather you set set the dialler profile on end, and the other end just needs a route pointing back to it ?

thanks

6 Replies 6

thanks for your reply, it didnt really answer my question, I wanted to know if I could make a call from one router to another and allow it only one way, i.e the remote site is the only one that makes to dial up, no dial ups are set on the central router, so do I just need a route putting on the cenral router pointing to the BRI ?

hi

Its possible to do dialout from the remote location and configure the central location only to accept the incoming calls.

But you need to have the route for the remote locations LAN/Network via the ISDN otherwise though u get connected via ISDN the reverse traffic (reverse path wont be available) wont flow from the central site to the remote site.

regds

so where would I point the route to from the central site ?

Hi

In a simple scenario it will be either the dialer interface or the bri interface ip whichever is applicable .

regds

craig_mc_12
Level 1
Level 1

Have a look at 'isdn caller' parameters for IDSN. This will permit incoming connections from specific hosts only.