Views
Helpful
Replies

isdn

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

on an isdn config

what is the isdn calling-number used for, is this no the same as dialler map ip x.x.x.x name 1122334455 etc ?

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

AFAIK its the number being used by the router to call the remote router and get authenticated using the "name" option which you have mentioned here.

this normally comes in a scenario where you got Hub n spoke connectivity and you are in need of establishing or triggering the isdn connectivity either from the hub side or from the spoke side if in case theres some probs with the primary connectivity.

dialer maps as you configure will be there in the central site aggregation router which will call the remote locations if the backup connectivity is not been established already from the remote site...

regds

So if i want 1 site connecting to the other do I need to use the dialler map ip statement or just put isdn calling-number in ?

Hi

with ref to this doc the command isdn calling-number has the significance with respect to billing.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hdia_r/dia_i1h.htm#wp1188173

we do have our live production network running with dialer-maps for quite sometime without any issues...

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: