Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

isis warning message

Hello,

My router popped out somee error message about isis. Please tell me what's wrong with my router and would you please tell me some url about this?

"

Mar 23 23:31:28: %CLNS-3-BADPACKET: ISIS: P2P hello, option 8 length 64 > remaining bytes (60) from *PPP* (POS6/0/0)

Mar 24 00:17:30: %CLNS-3-BADPACKET: ISIS: P2P hello, Incomplete option, remaining length 1, first byte 0 from *PPP* (POS6/0/0)

"

Thanks!

Regards,

Sha

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: isis warning message

Sha,

There probably nothing wrong with your router. This could just be from when PPP negotiation was occuring on your POS links you got a couple BAD (incorrectly sized/bad checksum/etc) CLNS packets. If this is continuing frequently ensure you don't have a physical issue with your POS 6/0/0 link. Heres the message explaination:

%CLNS-3-BADPACKET

: [chars]: [chars], [chars][chars] from [chars] ([chars])

Explanation An invalid packet was received from a neighboring router.

Recommended Action Copy the error message exactly as it appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco technical support representative, and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Here's the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a008009e75c.html#347477

Hope this helps you,

Don

Views
Helpful
Replies