cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue configuring 837 - ADSL PPPoA with SDM

mtsclarke
Level 1
Level 1

My problem is that SDM does not show the correct option for a PPPoA connection. Only PPPoE, RFC 1483 SNAP, RFC 1483 MUX.

If I choose RFC 1483 SNAP or MUX, I cannot see where to input the username and password. And, as a result of this, I cannot connect to my ISP. Has anyone successfully used SDM to setup a PPPoA connection?

Thanks in advance

Nick

P.S: I am based in the UK, and can connect to my ISP if I use CRWS. CRWS does give a PPPoA option, and a place to input a username and password.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

We cann't configure PPPoA connection using SDM. But we can configure PPPoA in 837 router by manually configuring encapsulation "aal5mux" under the ATM interface. Here the following link helps you to configure it(eventhough it is for 827, same applies to 837).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_example09186a00800940b9.shtml

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

We cann't configure PPPoA connection using SDM. But we can configure PPPoA in 837 router by manually configuring encapsulation "aal5mux" under the ATM interface. Here the following link helps you to configure it(eventhough it is for 827, same applies to 837).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_configuration_example09186a00800940b9.shtml

The current release of SDM does not support PPPoA. Confirmed this with Cisco TAC.

As you suggest, the only workaround at the moment is to configure manually with the CLI.

Not applicable

Actually what I did was to configure my ADSL Connection via CRWS and then switch to SDM without following the first line of commands (i didn't use the sdm default config).

Router# copy sdmconfig-83x.cfg start <<--- I skipped this line

Router# copy sdm.shtml.hide nvram:sdm.shtml

Router# copy nvram:sdm.shtml flash:sdm.shtml

Router# copy home.html.hide nvram:home.html

Router# copy nvram:home.html flash:home.html

Router# delete nvram:sdm.shtml

Router# delete nvram:home.html

Router# reload

So now I have my adsl connection up, and I'm using SDM.

But theres a problem with the 111 access list which I dont get to work since SDM says its read only... :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: