Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with 1721

eric.bias
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i want to upgrade my cisco router 1721. When i trying to that, the system erase the old version. but it can't install the new ios because not engnouh space. I erase flash but nothing change. i trying to load the old version nothing.

As any solution ?

i'm afraid to reboot my router because i have no one to replace. It's sure that when i reboot this router i can load any version via rommon procedure.

Anything else Can you give assurance that cisco 2612 has compatible with WIC 4ESW

Best regards

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure why you are having problems loading the old version of IOS on the 1721. Perhaps you can post the output of show flash and this might help us understand what is happening.

Have you done a squeeze of the flash after erasing it?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi

As Rick mentioned you shouldnt be hving any problems in reverting back to your old ios code.but still make sure about the execution of squeeze command too.

to answer the second part of your query WIC-4ESW is supported only in ISR Modular series routers (1800,2800,3800)..

regds

sushilk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please tell the file name ob both the IOS that you are trying to download on the router. Also oaste the output of dir flash: and the error which you get while downloading the IOS.

Sushil

Thanks for response. i attached a trace file

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: