cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Port Security and High Availability(HSRP)

arifkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Port Security command is not accepting/functioning in 6509 core Switch, error, this command cannot be run in high availability mode. Thw switch is having all the modules as redundant, (Switch 6509 with dual supervisor engines 2, dual MSFC2, PFC2, dual Gigabit Module, dual ethernet module, with HSRP enabled etc.

Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

rpgccie
Level 1
Level 1

hi

The main feaure of HSRP is to be in a broadcast media

when we say media ,multiple nodes are gonna take part in the communication so hence forth PortSecurity which we configure for security cannot be enabled.

can anyone clarify wheather im right pls .

thankyou

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not support HA and port security in 6.x or 5.x(as protocol database cannot synchronize this feature between the Supervisors) but we do support it in 7.6(x). I suggest that you upgrade to 7.6(3) if you need these features

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_7_6/confg_gd/redund.htm#39813

Make sure you read the release notes and check bug tool kit for known issues

Hi... PrKrishn,

Thanks for the info. I will do the upgrade process tomorrow and I will get back to you. Thanks again.

Arif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: