cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

javaw.exe CPU hogging on Windows platforms

iswift
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen the following errors or memory leaks?

On both NT and 2000 platforms we see from time to time the javaw.exe process hogging 97%+ of CPU.

These are generally Win OS patched, with CD-One patches and RTM patches.

Anyone else noticed this ?

3 Replies 3

grayd
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this happen on our servers every once in a while. We are running CD-One 4th ed. on Win2000 with a mixture of dual gig and dual 750 servers.

pboulo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have availiblity turned on? if you a large number of devices being polled this can cause this.

To figure out which CW2000 process is using the hoggin cwjava.exe

Correlate the PID in the Windows Task manager with a process ID in

Server Configuration->Administration->Process Managment->Process Status

Usually this is 1 of 2 process either availablity or ANI discovery. If it is ANI just change the discover to happen 1 time a day instead of the default 4 times.

Yes,thankyou, a good point.

I have noticed that if you stop a service via the admin screens, such as ANIServer, and then restart it again,(even after waiting a minute or so for the CPU activity to diminish) the javaw.exe processes are still alive in the Task Manager.

I think you are right, I do have Availability Polling turned on, although this is not a particularly big network. One of the other networks is a reasonable sized Campus LAN <=200 devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: