Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

javaw.exe CPU hogging on Windows platforms

Has anyone seen the following errors or memory leaks?

On both NT and 2000 platforms we see from time to time the javaw.exe process hogging 97%+ of CPU.

These are generally Win OS patched, with CD-One patches and RTM patches.

Anyone else noticed this ?

3 REPLIES

Re: javaw.exe CPU hogging on Windows platforms

I have seen this happen on our servers every once in a while. We are running CD-One 4th ed. on Win2000 with a mixture of dual gig and dual 750 servers.

Cisco Employee

Do you have availiblity turned on? if you a large number of devices being polled this can cause this.

To figure out which CW2000 process is using the hoggin cwjava.exe

Correlate the PID in the Windows Task manager with a process ID in

Server Configuration->Administration->Process Managment->Process Status

Usually this is 1 of 2 process either availablity or ANI discovery. If it is ANI just change the discover to happen 1 time a day instead of the default 4 times.

Yes,thankyou, a good point.

I have noticed that if you stop a service via the admin screens, such as ANIServer, and then restart it again,(even after waiting a minute or so for the CPU activity to diminish) the javaw.exe processes are still alive in the Task Manager.

I think you are right, I do have Availability Polling turned on, although this is not a particularly big network. One of the other networks is a reasonable sized Campus LAN <=200 devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content