cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Juniper MC-LAG with Cisco Access Switch

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have 2 x Juniper EX4600 switches acting as distributions running MC-LAG with a Cisco 3560v2 access switch. Port channel on the Cisco comes up for about 30 seconds and then fails with the following message:

Aug 16 10:50:23.162 EDT: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on Gi0/1, putting Gi0/1 in err-disable state
Aug 16 10:50:23.171 EDT: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on Gi0/3, putting Gi0/3 in err-disable state

Unfortunately, identifying what exactly was causing this error could not be determined.

After spending 2 days trying every combination and feature of LACP, spanning tree, native VLANs, trunking, etc. (too much to explain) on both the Cisco and Junipers, the only thing that allowed the etherchannel to come up and stay up was to disable "spanning-tree etherchannel guard misconfig" on the Cisco.

Now whether the issue was just some cosmetic thing between Cisco and Juniper and really not an issue, or if there is anything of significance happening is difficult to say. Regardless the etherchannel is up and stable without any indication of a problem.

Has anyone else successfully configured Juniper MC-LAG with a Cisco access switch or had similar experiences in this regard?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

what is your configuration on the Juniper and the Cisco for the etherchannel?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Attached are the etherchannel configs.

Thank you

I don't suppose anyone came up with a good answer for this? I am having an odd problem now with my Juniper core talking to my Cisco switches. I currently have an LACP Trunk that is working correctly between my Juniper and Cisco Access switch. However I have had it happen twice now where when I commit a config(no cable change or anything) my etherchannel interfaces on the Cisco switches go into an err-disabled state. The changes I commit have nothing to do with the etherchannel interfaces on the Cisco or Juniper.