We have 1 core switch and 12, 2950 series switches with 24 ports each. This is a new site with 3 floors and can accommodate 70 people in each floor and other peripherals are separate. So, each floor will be having 4 switches except the ground floor since, this floor will be directly connected with the ports found in the core switch. (Diagram attached)
Each floor will be assigned a separate Vlan. In the core switch I taught of assigning 4 ports to each Vlan. Each Vlan group of 4 ports will be connected to 4 switches individually to the switches gig port. All the 4 switches in the same floor will be interconnected through a cross over cable or thro other gig port which is found in the switch.
I need suggestions for
1. Dt know how far this plan is feasible.
2. If feasible,Where we need STP, ie in the core or the 4 switches which is found in each floor or both.
3. Should we need to call the up links to 4 switch as trunk port
What you are doing is creating redundant links from the floor switches to the core by interconnecting the floor switches.
STP will need to be enabled on all switches on all VLANs to prevent loops in the network.
If you do not change any of the default STP timers you will be able to stack the floors switches 4 deep all though it is generally recommended to not stack edge swtiched more than 2 deep. Stacking only 2 deep instead of 4 deep will double the number of gig ports needed in the core.
Also, when interconnecting the floor switches it is recommended to use gig ports.
1. I am not using any routing protocol in core 4506 switch. Is it ok if I just use the command IP Routing or any other is there.
2. According to my design, in the core switch I will be assigning group of 4 ports to each Vlan. Can I make all these 4 Ports as trunk ports to connect it with 4, 2950 switches in each floor. (ref diagram for better understanding).
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...