cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN Design

cz96p6
Level 1
Level 1

How would I interconnect 2 6509 core swithes to 3660 access router. The purposed design asked to create VLAN or VLANs for layer 2 devices to talk to layer 3 devices. I need to configure HSRP, multicasting, QoS for voice and video trafic. Do I need to do bridging, trunking or simple routing?. Sample config uration and some explanation would be helpful.

5 Replies 5

gopal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friend......I am sure I could help, but would appreciate clarity from you as to what is your objective, can you put thru your network diagram or something and make things clearer

Yes, I agree with gopal if you can send a network diagram with the breig explanation that would help

me understand. As a matter of fact we are doing a LAN design with 2 core 6509(supports internal routing) and a 3640 for external routing.

Lets see if this would make you understand my situation. How would I Interconnect 6509 for WAN traffic with 3660 access router. I got the inter VLAN routing part planed out. what would be the best solution bridging or routing to interconnect 6509 to access router 3660. Sample config..

Interface Vlan252

ip address 10.27.80.145 255.255.255.252

ip directed-broadcast

bridge-group 1

bridge-group 1 input-type-list 202

Hopefully you understand now.......having problem to paste diagram. Thanks

HUGE problem with bridging and HSRP. I have twice seen an entire network go down once briding was enabled in an HSRP environment. Both routers are listening, only one is routing, however when a protocol is bridged, both routers listen and react to the traffic. I would not reccommend it.

Thanks for your advise. You think I should put a static route on MSFC for my access router or .....?